NRMC’s executive director, Melanie Lockwood Herman and board member John Connelly are available to deliver custom keynote presentations, workshops, seminars or other training programs. Bookings may be scheduled up to a year in advance. The cost to book Melanie or John is $3,500 (plus actual economy travel expenses). The speaker fee for Affiliate Members is $2,500 (plus actual economy travel expenses). The fee for a custom webinar (30-90 minutes in length) is $2,400 or $1,200 for Affiliate Members.
Engagements that require more than 6 hours of travel time require an additional fee. NRMC’s speaking fee includes the design of a custom presentation, preparation of hand-out materials, and time onsite at your event. The fee covers the cost of a single presentation ranging from 30 minutes to six hours (with breaks), or several presentations delivered on a single day (e.g., three shorter workshops or two longer workshops with breaks).
NRMC's presentation fee will be waived for clients that place a publications order of $3,500 or more at the time of the booking, and pay for the order (and any shipping costs) in full prior to the date of the speaking engagement. To learn more about our books, see this webpage. NRMC's newest book, co-authored by Melanie Herman, is World-Class Risk Management for Nonprofits. John Connelly's new book is Dying Out Here is Not an Option. Speaking references are available.
Melanie Lockwood Herman
John M. Connelly, III
Melbourne Beach, FL
Request a Speaker
Fill out the form below and click ‘Submit’ to request a speaker from our team. We can’t wait to chat with you! We will do our best to reply within two business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer pro bono speaking engagements?
As part of our educational mission, we offer a very limited slate of pro bono presentations each year. Please fill out the inquiry form above and note that you are requesting a pro bono presentation. If we cannot accommodate you, we will add you to the waitlist for next year.
What kind of topics do you present on?
Here’s a sample of our favorite workshop topics:
- Get Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse: Crisis Management & Crisis Communications for Nonprofits
- Risk Rundown: Top 10 Risks Facing Nonprofits
- Taking the High Road: How to Manage Human Resource Risks
- The Frankenstein Effect: Preventing the Misclassification Transformation between Employees & Volunteers
- Finance Superheroes: Fiscal Oversight Superpowers for CFOs & Board Members
- Lego Love: Build the Board Your Mission Deserves
- Here’s Looking at You Kid: The Fundamentals of Youth Protection
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Nonprofit Boards and Risk Oversight
We facilitate hands-on activities in many of our workshops, so our participants can learn from one another and also practice one or more techniques discussed in a workshop. Our preference is to customize all workshop topics to address the concerns, backgrounds and/or experience-level of the audience. And we’re also available to explore new topics and develop brand-new material for an upcoming conference, staff training, or board education session. Fill out the inquiry form above to get started.
Are your workshops ‘canned?’
We try to make risk management empowering and fun, and it’s no fun delivering canned workshops over and over. We tailor our presentations and build custom workshops from scratch to suit the interests of our clients. We will customize your workshop or keynote by:
- Talking with you about your expectations, hot button risks, and priority risk management challenges that your team or audience faces
- Reviewing your website, event marketing materials, and anything else we can find to learn more about your mission and your most pressing risks
- Arriving on-site early in order to take in the atmosphere of the event and tune into issues that your audience cares about.