Nonprofit managers and leaders sign contracts on a regular basis. But too often we take pen in hand without first taking time to make certain that we understand the language in front of us. Even fewer people give contracts the time they require to understand whether they are in the nonprofit’s best interests or require revisions to be acceptable. One of the reasons for our haste with contracts may be fear of a large invoice if we reach out for professional help. In other instances a nonprofit CEO may feel under the gun to sign a contract. Whatever the reason, contracts create both opportunities and risks for a nonprofit.
Watch the recording of this Web Seminar if:
- You’ve ever regretted signing a contract without reading it first
- You’ve ever been in a dispute or surprised about a contract you signed but did not understand
- Your responsibilities include negotiating and signing contracts for a nonprofit, but you have not been to law school
- You want to learn practical strategies for integrating risk management into your contracting practices
- You want to hear a straightforward discussion of contracting do’s and don’ts
- You want to pose questions to a risk management expert about how you can negotiate contracts for your nonprofit that protect vital assets while allowing you to go about the business of achieving your mission.