Tips for Employees and Volunteers
If you are using public transportation or a taxi to get to your assignment:
- Determine risk levels of bus, subway, train, and walking to the destination.
- Scope out the route by car with a friend first to identify the safest route to take from the stop to your destination.
- Use busy, well-lit stops.
- Keep aware of your surroundings — no dozing or daydreaming.
- If you take a taxi there, how will you get back? Will cabs hailed on the street stop to pick up passengers in that neighborhood? If called, do they come?
- Ask the taxi driver to wait until you are inside before leaving.